Title

Tri-State Theater

Let's discuss upcoming shows, secrets behind the scenes, things you never knew about the theater and why live theater is so darn entertaining.

Monday, January 18, 2010

Lisa Sends Her List of the Best of 2009

Hey, here's yet another list of one reader's choices for the "Best of 2009" - these are the choices by my pal Lisa Williams!

I'm really enjoying these lists, so feel free to chime in!

She writes:
As a local theatre junkie and loyal audience member for years, here's my two cents:

I watched Nathan Mohebbi go from Aladdin in HOT's pre-show to Angel in Rent... talk about a "whole new world!" All I can say is WOW!!! Phenomenal performance. The entire cast and show of Rent was top notch.

I had not had the privilege of seeing Marina Jurica on stage until Man of La Mancha. Her performance left me with chills and tears. She was breathtaking.

As for Into the Woods... I was looking forward to watching Maggie Saunders as the Witch. I knew she would rock the house, and she did; but what an all-star cast. Sarah Hayes made me laugh and cry; Mary Kate Young was beautiful as Cinderella, the princes were hysterical, but it was Eric Newfeld's sweet and tender performance as the Baker that touched my heart. Just an outstanding show overall.

Thank you to all the people both behind the scenes on on stage in our tri-state area who work so hard to provide such wonderful, wonderful quality entertainment each season. Looking forward to the 2010 season!
Thanks, Lisa!

No comments: