Title

Tri-State Theater

Let's discuss upcoming shows, secrets behind the scenes, things you never knew about the theater and why live theater is so darn entertaining.

Monday, January 25, 2010

On Stage This Weekend - "Galileo"

My pal Mel sends along the latest about a show opening in Charleston which focuses on one of history's most famous figures. She writes:
Galileo opens January 29!

The Contemporary Youth Arts Company will present Bertolt Brecht’s classic drama Galileo at 8 p.m. January 29-30 and February 5-6.

Based on the clash between the observations of 17th century astronomer-physicist and the teachings of the Catholic church, Galileo is the saga of man versus science, science versus truth, truth versus faith and faith versus man.

The cast, including several CYAC alumni, includes Nik Tidquist as the title character, Caroline Kapo as Virginia, Craig Auge as the little Monk, Meredith Overcash as Barberini, John Szasz as the Philosopher, Mary Beth Griffith as Sarti, Austin Thomas as Andrea, Maria Fioravante as Federazoni with Amanda Mandarola, Paige Baisden, Emily Jessee and Quintin Baker filling out the cast.

Where: The historic WVSU Capitol Center Theater, 123 Summers Street, Charleston W.Va.

Tickets: $9.50 for adults and $5.50 for students and seniors.

4 comments:

Sanctuary said...

Galileo,(Galileo) Galileo,(Galileo) Galileo (Galileo-Figaro) Magnificoooooo!

I can't get that out of my head whenever I see anything about this show coming up. Looking forward to it, even if it contains no Queen songs.

Chuck Minsker said...

Ha! I had the same thought when I saw the title of the show. "Nothing really matters... to me..." A classic!

marshallmark said...

Well, I really don't know what you two are talking about. Especially since I'm just a poor boy - nobody loves me.

:o)

Chuck Minsker said...

It's true! He's just a poor boy, from a poor family!

(This thread could run for days - I love it!)