Title

Tri-State Theater

Let's discuss upcoming shows, secrets behind the scenes, things you never knew about the theater and why live theater is so darn entertaining.

Saturday, January 16, 2010

Some Additional Comments From Jon

Jonathan Joy had some additional thoughts to his last post, which he sends along here:
As soon as I sent (my list), I started thinking about shows/performances that I omitted.

I should mention the strong performances and direction of 5th Avenue Theatre Company's production of Man of La Mancha.

I also had the opportunity to see the Marshall Artist Series Spring production of The 25th Annual Putnam County Spelling Bee and thoroughly enjoyed it.

And finally, I am thankful that the Huntington Museum of Art asked me to direct a production of Samuel Beckett's Ohio Impromptu in October. It was part of a night of offbeat, experimental work and very different from most of the plays that I saw or was involved in. I hope we see more theatre at the Museum in the coming years.

Of course, you can't see everything. I've heard rave reviews of Rent and Almost, Maine, two shows that I missed in 2009. And I didn't see a single play in Ashland for the first time in years. Sometimes, it's hard to take in everything when there is so much going on. I'm just glad we have such a wide variety of theatre groups/productions in this area.

Keep up the good work, everyone!
Thanks, Jon! We do have a wealth of great shows in our area, which makes it tough to see them all - but like the old saying goes, better too many than not enough!

No comments: